There are a number of advantages to sleeping on a memory foam pillow. Who doesn’t like the idea of a pillow that customizes itself, all by itself, to the head and neck? The technology behind memory foam uses heat-reactive cushioning, which allows the foam to reshape and conform to whatever is placed on it. Whether you’re a back, side, or front sleeper, a memory foam pillow is likely the best bedroom upgrade you’ll ever make.
Just some of the many advantages that memory foam pillows provide over the competition are the following:
- They prevent stiff necks. Memory foam is a dense material, which helps prevent the neck from bending in odd, uncomfortable directions. Many people use memory foam travel pillows when sleeping in the car or on flights precisely for this reason.
- They conform to the head’s shape in the same way that a memory foam mattress conforms to the body’s shape. This helps keep the spinal column aligned.
- They help reduce snoring. Since they conform to your neck’s contours and keep your head level, they won’t tilt your head upward like regular pillows that can cause your air passages to close.
In light of all the benefits just mentioned, here are some of the best memory foam pillows we’ve found on the market.
This economical pillow from Mainstay is perfect for side and back sleepers who need a denser pillow to support them as they sleep. While most memry foam pillows are made from shredded fill, Mainstay Memory Foam Cluster Pillow is filled with – you guessed it – foam clusters.
This pillow’s slim profile enables stomach sleepers to get a whole night’s rest without tilting their necks at odd angles. This pillow’s unique shape – flat on the bottom, rounded on top, and standing only 2.5 inches high – makes it perfect for those who prefer to lay flat as they sleep.
Additionally, like all memory foam pillows, it will conform to the shape of your head for maximum comfort. Plus, it’s hypoallergenic, thus perfect for allergy sufferers.
For those who can never seem to get comfortable because they’re always too hot, the Linenspa Shredded Memory Foam Pillow with Gel Memory Foam is a perfect choice. While it’s filled with shredded memory foam like many other memory foam pillows, it also sports an outer layer filled with gel beads. This ensures a cool night sleep for eight hours or more, without the need for tossing, turning, or blowing a fan directly over the bed.
While memory foam pillows may cost the same (often more) than traditional pillows, they offer advantages that regular pillows do not. In addition to always being able to retain their shape, memory foam pillows last longer, too. If you want to make a solid investment in your sleep, care for your spine, and rest well night after night, a memory foam pillow should be at the top of your must-buy list.
- 5 sleep splurges under $1,500 you should check out today
- Throwing out old pillows? Do this instead
- Should you use a knee pillow while you sleep?
- The 10 best pillows for side sleepers in need of support in 2020
- How to choose the right pillow no matter what position you sleep in