One of the most important parts of pet care is grooming. If you’re unable to take your dog to the groomers, the alternative is at-home washing, cleaning, and trimming. The right products will go a long way for your furry friend. Dog shampoo for your dog’s bath time is essential for a shiny and healthy coat. Similar to human shampoo, dog shampoos also serve different needs for your dog’s fur coat and skin such as sensitivity, shedding, dander, odor, flees, and more.
Choosing the ideal dog shampoo is critical. And the right dog shampoo for you will depend on your pup and their allergies. With the right product, you can significantly reduce the amount of shedding your dog does and address any skin issues or allergies. Of course, ultimately, they’ll just look and smell better, which means everyone’s happier. We’ve rounded up some of the best dog shampoos out there to help you find the perfect one for your K9 companion.
Pro Pet Works All Natural Dog Shampoo
Consisting of organic ingredients such as aloe vera, almond oil, and vitamins A, D, and E, Pro Pet Works Oatmeal Pet Wash Shampoo and Conditioner relies on all-natural ingredients to provide the bestselling dog shampoo on the market. Soap-free and PH-balanced, it restores natural oils, relieves dry, itchy skin, soothes sensitive skin, and contributes to a soft, healthy coat.
Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo
When controlling dander and environmental damage to your dog’s skin is a priority, Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo is a good choice. Combining natural ingredients such as shea butter and green tea extract, this shampoo works by replenishing the nutrients in your pet’s skin and leaves a fresh, natural scent. It’s also 100% biodegradable and phosphate-free.
FURminator deShedding Dog Shampoo
Enriched with Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, Furminator Deshedding Ultra-Premium Dog Shampoo is a highly effective choice to reduce your dog’s shedding. Containing calendula extract and papaya leaf extract, it works well when used monthly as part of the Furminator at-home professional grooming regimen.
More info on dog shampoos:
- Can you use human shampoo on dogs? You should be cautious about using products not meant for dogs. Human shampoos might contain chemicals that will wear your dog’s fur or cause a reaction to their skin such as fragrances.
- How often should I bathe my dog? If your dog is spending more time outside because of the warmer weather it’s okay to give them a quick rinse but dog washing is recommended to just once a month unless consulted by a vet.
- Can dog shampoo kill fleas and ticks? Flea and tick shampoos can combat fleas and ticks that are already on a pet, through contact. Please consult your vet for the best method — drops, sprays, oral pills — to help kill fleas and ticks.
Looking for more great stuff? Find more on our pet supplies hub.
- The 8 best allergy medicines for dogs
- The best gifts dog lovers will appreciate
- The best dog vitamins to keep our furry friends happy and healthy
- How to keep stray cats out of your yard
- How to camp with a dog