Want to look younger and need some effective makeup tips? In the article below, we’ll go over how to apply makeup to look younger. In fact, step by step, we cover skin care and makeup tutorials that are super basic and easy.
Now’s your chance to learn some of the inside secrets to maintaining youthful-looking, healthy skin, plus a makeup trick to look younger (or a few).
You’ll want to begin with a soft foundation. You don’t want to load on a heavy foundation and concealer. Heavy makeup intensifies the appearance of wrinkles by filling in and accentuating every crease and line.
Instead, use an anti-aging foundation that makes you look much younger. One of the best for this job is Rénergie Lift Makeup Lightweight Liquid Foundation SPF 27. The benefits of this foundation are that it helps your skin look smoother while lessening the appearance of blemishes like wrinkles and dark spots.
Other benefits include:
- SPF 27
- Skin looks healthy, shiny, and glowing.
- Provides up to 12 hours of skin hydration.
- Wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots are minimized.
- Contains vitamin E, soybean oil, New Zealand black tree fern (Mamaku plant), caffeine, iris extract, and corn.
- Kernel extra
- Tested by dermatologists for safety.
You might want to begin by focusing on your eyes. Smooth out your eyelids. Use neutral eye shadows, like gray or dark brown, on the outer corners of your eye, a light shade on the lid, and a taupe shade in the crease. Finish off by applying black mascara, and then curl your lashes.
We recommend using Hourglass Veil Eye Primer. It’s great for every skin type, and it helps augment your eyeshadow color.
Other benefits include:
- Mineral oil-free
- Synthetic fragrance-free
- Includes vitamins C and E
Even if you don’t wear a lot of makeup, mascara can make your eyes look a bit larger and brighter when skillfully applied. Of course, bright, liquid eyes are a sign of youthfulness and health.
A great mascara we recommend for this purpose is Clinique’s High Impact Curling Mascara. The product’s arched wand helps to lift up and cover every single lash.
- It comes off easily with warm water.
Dark circles under your eyes can sometimes be hard to hide. However, they’re easily minimized by using a concealer that’s lighter by one shade than your skin’s natural tone.
The Dermablend Cover Care Concealer lasts for up to a full day (24 hours) and helps cover up dark circles, acne scars, dark spots, and other discoloration.
- 100% vegan friendly (no animal ingredients or byproducts)
Ever noticed how young, healthy skin always seems supple and hydrated, while old skin appears dry and sort of withered away? We’ve noticed that too. That’s why we recommend applying moisturizer before you apply foundation.
One of the best anti-aging moisturizers out there is Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream. This revolutionary cream boasts a formula designed to aid in deep hydration.
- Good for normal to dry skin types.
- It helps protect your skin against dry climates.
- Perfect for your nighttime routine.
This next makeup trick is one that you can use to help bring out the color of your eyes and seriously make them pop.
We recommend Kosas 10-Second Eyeshadow because its formula allows you to apply it easily with your fingers. You don’t need any tools, and after letting it dry for a moment, you’re good to go.
- Includes jojoba oil (balances and soothes)
- Orange flower water (tones and brightens)
- Vegan product
Many people believe that the Japanese age more slowly than other cultures. Part of that is due to the fact that many seem healthy and vibrant well into old age.
A great product to help you accomplish this is Skinmedica’s AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser. It unclogs pores; removes impurities, makeup, and excess oil; and improves your skin’s overall smoothness, texture, and tone.
- Includes lactic acid, citric acid, malic acid, and glycolic acid. These are all-natural, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) derived from all-natural plant sources, which help provide mild exfoliation.
- Jojoba oil
- Salicylic acid, which is a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) also used to help exfoliate the skin.
A full eyebrow can make your face appear younger by softening contours.
To help you accomplish this, we recommend using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. This eyebrow pencil is retractable, ultra-slim, and allows you to create exact, hair-like strokes. Additionally, it’s great for detailing and outlining your brows.
- Adds natural-looking texture to your eyebrows.
Just one sign of aging is a loss of volume in the lips. We suggest using Dior’s Addict Lip Maximizer Plumping Gloss, which puts together shine, comfort, and hydration for maximum effect.
- No formaldehyde-releasing agents
- Completely vegan
- It comes in recyclable packaging.
The right blush can help take off around five years from your appearance, or so they say.
To get that healthy look where your cheeks have a wash of color on them, we think you should try IT Cosmetics CC Creme Blush. It’s filled with the right ingredients, which blend into your skin to help create that youthful look you crave!
- Uses “Drops of Light” technology
- Infused with peptides
- Contains niacin
- Hydrolyzed collagen
- We love these adorable homemade gifts for boyfriends (and so will he)
- These are the best kitchen knife sets we’ve seen yet
- Your home needs washable kitchen rugs — these are our 5 favorites
- 6 house shoes under $50 buyers swear by for comfort and style
- Trust us, your camping bag needs this multitool — and it’s under $80