Cheap mattresses can lead to all sorts of nasty health problems, so you need to be snoozing on la crème de la crème. This kind of cloud-level comfort usually doesn’t come cheap, but these mattress sales will make the chore of chopping in your decades-old springboard for something a bit more modern less of a strain on the old bank account. Best of all, leading brands like Bear and Casper are currently taking on retailers with their own mattress deals — making now the perfect time to breathe fresh life into your sleep station.
Today’s best mattress sales
- — $400, was $700
- — $800, was $1200
- — $875, was $1000
- Bear Pro Mattress — $875, was $1090
- — $990, was $1095
— $400, was $700
allows you to select your preference of a soft, medium, or firm mattress in four layers of cooling, breathable, and pressure-relieving foam. Its cover is a smooth knit, and the whole thing slides easily into its box for prompt, convenient delivery to your doorstep. Enjoy a 120-night sleep trial to see how you like it over time.
— $800, was $1200
Theintegrates the best of features for a cooling, supportive night’s sleep. Available in six sizes, the Memory Foam Mattress utilizes proprietary foams for optimal air flow and superior edge support, as well as a unique removable cover. Try the for $600 with free shipping, a Forever Warranty and 365-night Home Trial.
— $875, was $1000
‘s Original Mattress is their most popular model, comprising three layers of top-level cooling and contouring foam for the most substantial pressure-relieving support available. This multi-layer mattress is made to order without any ozone depleters, PBDE flame retardants, formaldehyde, mercury, lead, or other heavy metals. Get your own Mattress for $150 off today, with free shipping to your doorstep.
Bear Pro Mattress — $875, was $1090
The BearPro Mattress is the newest addition to Bear Mattress‘ products, with a stack of innovative features making it the most impressive. From its breathable rejuvenating cover to its multiple types of foam, the BearPro is a gem of a mattress, rating a 6.5 on a scale of 1 to 10 on a customer firmness feel survey. Its gel and memory foam give extra support for pressure points while wicking away excess body heat, and its responsive and high-density support foams offer durability alongside balance for just the right amount of ‘give’. Shoppers can save over $215 on a queen-sized BearPro today — as well as 20% off everything site-wide and two free Cloud pillows with the coupon code HELLO20.
— $990, was $1095
Casper’s Original Mattress has long been a pioneer in the mattress-in-a-box industry, leading traditional mattress companies to consider the convenience and flexibility required by the company’s premier clientele: Millennials. The Casper Original is all foam, offering both optimal support and cooling properties, as well as three zones of precise support to ensure the spine’s proper alignment while sleeping. Couples report its motion isolation is excellent, so you won’t wake your partner up if you get up for a glass of water at midnight. What’s more? It’s perfect for all sleeping positions. Get a Casper for $990 today and save $105 — plus, Casper is also offering 10% off site-wide with the coupon code GOODSNOOZE.
How to choose a mattress
With all these great mattress sales — which run throughout the year, by the way, so check back to us regularly — you might find it hard to pin down the perfect mattress for you. There are a few things to consider when you’re choosing your mattress, which includes your preferred material, body type, and sleeping position. However, there are plenty of factors that only you might consider, and sometimes the reason for disqualifying a mattress is that it simply doesn’t feel right. Remember, when you’re choosing a new mattress, your opinion is the most important one. So, let’s talk about how to choose your ideal mattress.
Mattress material is likely the most polarizing factor out there in both mattresses and pillows. If your mattress is stuffed with supportive memory foam, it’s going to feel much, much different than an innerspring or latex model. If you absolutely love your current mattress but it’s simply time to get a new one, your best bet is to start searching for the same mattress material that was in your previous mattress.
- Memory foam is good for side sleepers. That’s because memory foam is cushioned and soft, but it’s not so soft that you’ll feel your lower back and neck are floating in mid-air, putting undue strain on your muscles and bones.
- Latex mattresses are springy and sustainable. Stomach sleepers shouldn’t choose too soft a mattress, lest they wake up in the middle of the night suffocating as they breathe, face down, directly into their mattress. Latex is good, though, for back and stomach sleepers because they need something that keeps their backs and necks as stable and motionless as possible.
- Back and stomach sleepers, you can also feel confident purchasing a coil or innerspring mattress. It’s supportive and won’t let you sink into it. Though innerspring mattresses have fallen out of fashion thanks to the rise in memory foam and other materials, you can still find plenty of high-end innerspring models.
- No real preference for a sleeping position? If you notice you sleep on your side, stomach or back with no real regularity, a hybrid mattress can help. Hybrid mattresses typically mix materials like innerspring and memory foam for a combination of firmness and coziness, so you know that you’ll wake up feeling well-rested, no matter which position you chose to sleep in the night before.
- Coil mattresses, also called innerspring, are highly supportive, which makes them good for back and stomach sleepers. Stomach and back sleepers need a level plane on which to sleep or else they’re risking suffocating and snoring respectively. As a rule of thumb, these are the most supportive beds.
- If you don’t have a strong preference for sleeping position, a hybrid mattress can be a good choice, too. Hybrid mattresses combine soft, cushioned memory foam with supportive coils, so if you switch between your side and stomach throughout the night, a hybrid mattress can save your spine.
Your body type
When nearly everything factors into what helps you sleep best, from how dark your room is to the sound level at night, it’s also worth noting what your body looks like. But don’t worry; manufacturers have already thought about your body type for you, and that means there are tons of mattresses on the market, from mattresses that cater to folks who need extra support to mattresses that are soft and squishy for the side sleeper who’s sore. Heavy sleepers and broad-shouldered sleepers should choose a super-supportive mattress, as sleeping on a mattress that doesn’t have enough support can actually permanently damage your back and spine. Sleepers with lighter bodies can get away with most mattresses, though they shouldn’t choose a mattress made for stomach sleepers unless they absolutely have to.
Your sleeping position
Your sleeping position is the first thing you should consider when you’re choosing a pillow. While it’s not quite as important when you’re choosing a mattress, it’s still not something you should ignore. This factors majorly into the material you plan to choose. However, think of it as the opposite of what you need in a pillow. If you’re a stomach sleeper, you need a super squishy and low-loft pillow to make sure your head isn’t strained upward toward the ceiling yet a super firm and supportive mattress. If you’re a side sleeper, you need something squishy and soft to relieve pain in your bones and joints, though side sleepers’ pillows should be very firm with a high loft. Back sleepers can typically get away with anything, as they need something that falls in the middle both with pillows and with mattresses, as long as they’re not allowing their jaw to tilt forward and encourage snoring.
Taken advantage of one of these awesome mattress sales and want to keep upgrading your sleep? Here at Digital Trends, you can ensure you’re getting the best sleep and waking up feeling great. We’ve covered everything from the best alarm clocks to ensure you wake up with the sun every morning (even if you’re on the night shift) to the best pillows to keep you cool all night long and even the best smart pillows with sleep tracking.
- The 10 best pillows for stomach sleepers in 2020
- The 5 best mattresses for side-sleepers who need support
- The 10 best pillows for side sleepers in need of support
- The 10 best cooling pillows for hot-blooded sleepers
- Best 4th of July Mattress Sales: Casper, Tempur-Pedic, Tuft & Needle